Join ConnectONCE in collaboration with EESPA on the island of Mallorca to take a deep dive into the world of “Global Interoperability - Today and Tomorrow”.
Have we gone full circle in the past 20 years, or are we still at the nascent stage of Interoperability? Upon the conception of ConnectONCE in 1998, then the Global Trading Web Association (GTWA), the vision was to create a global federated trading network that included interoperability between all networks worldwide. While the architecture was developed and interoperability agreements drafted and approved, as it turned out, the World really was not ready for interoperability. Thomas Freidman’s claim in 2006 that the World was flat was premature. Too many practical obstacles and business models littered the global landscape like landmines waiting to blow up any attempt to create global electronic interoperation.
So here we are today - Some countries and even the EU are mandating electronic interoperability regulations for invoicing. What will those mandates bode for the future of electronic trade? Will global interoperability really occur in the next few years or will it be another 20 years? And what impact will new technologies like Blockchain have upon end to end connectivity?
If your business deals with electronic procurement, supply chain connectivity and visibility, purchase orders and invoicing, then you need to be at this event. This is your chance to create history, not just read about it.
- All members are invited and encouraged to attend. There is no event fee for current ONCE Members, Invited Speakers, or Special Guests.
- The event fee for other Non-Members of ONCE is $2,500.00 (USD). We will invoice you upon receipt of your registration, should a fee be due for your attendance.
- Please complete the online Summit Registration Form today so we can be sure to include you in our planning for the sessions and events you will attend.
- If required, please make your own Visa arrangements early. Contact Tom Westbrook if you need a letter of invitation for your Visa.
- http://connect-once.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Hotel-Reservation-Form-ConnectONCE.pdfOur Summit venue is The Hotel Nixe Palace on the captivating island of Majorca in the Balearic Islands of Spain. This luxurious hotel is conveniently located on the beach, near shopping, leisure activities, golf, and culture.
- The negotiated room rate for October 21 & 22 is €190 (Premium double for one) or €230 (Premium Double for two), and includes breakfast and wifi.
- Please reserve your room by completing and submitting the Hotel Reservation Form directly to the hotel no later than August 20, 2018.
Please Register and make your Hotel Reservation now!
We cannot guarantee room availability or pricing after
August 20, 2018!
Tentative Schedule of Events
Sunday, October 21, 2018
Monday, October 22, 2018
8:30am to 4:30pm - Plenary Meeting Session
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
9:00am to 4:00pm - Plenary Meeting Session
4:00pm to 4:30pm - ONCE Board of Directors Meeting
7:00pm - No Host Dinner - TBD (optional)